This page contains the various blog series I’ve run. Once completed I will convert them into e-books and publish them on Smashwords. Largely I’m trying to stimulate discussion among writers, give a helping hand where I can, and continue my own education as an up and coming writer. If you find these series helpful and want to give back in some way, please consider joining or instigating discussions on the posts or purchasing one of the completed e-books. Thank you.
So You Don’t Have Time…
You want to write. Specifically you want to write short stories. But you don’t know how, you’ve tried before and the result was disappointing. You don’t have time. This short chapbook will walk you through the basic steps of writing short stories, and with only limited amounts of time. It is drawn from my past ten years of writing experience. All you need to bring to the table is a story to tell and the desire to tell it.
You can link to the blog series below for free or download a compilation, featuring additional content, from Smashwords for $0.99.
- “So You Don’t Have Time…” Intro
- “So You Don’t Have Time…” Week One
- “So You Don’t Have Time…” Week Two
- “So You Don’t Have Time…” Week Three
- “So You Don’t Have Time…” Week Four
But How Do I Make It Compelling?
The current ongoing series. I hope to complete the following posts by the end of it:
- How To Write Compelling Dialogue – Complete
- How To Write Compelling Characters – Complete
- How To Write Compelling Description – Complete
- How To Write Compelling Stories – Complete